Tuesday, October 1, 2013

What does submission mean to me?

I define submission on a basic level as the yielding of control in order to appease another. But on a deeper level, I see submission as an act of trust and an acceptance of unconditional love. I would want my mate to truly accept the unconditional love I offer him and for me his complete obedience and trust is the proof of a loving and committed relationship. To me, the joyful feeling that he receives from submitting, comes from this well of unconditional love that he has let himself accept. Any pain I inflict, any boundaries I push, any humiliation he suffers, and any discomfort he overcomes are all proof of his love and respect for me. I wonder if anyone else feels this way. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I find your first two blog postings very interesting and enjoyable. I agree that submission is a big act of trust and I also strongly believe the reverse is equally true for the Dom(me) in the relationship. D/s cannot work without trust on both sides.

    TB

    ReplyDelete