Wednesday, November 6, 2013

On Monogamy

Here are my feelings on monogamy. Ive spent my entire vanilla life as a monogamous person. It seemed to work well for me and I was very proud of my record of monogamous loyalty. But now as Ive reconnected with myself (in a sence), I realize that I don’t have any of the strong feelings of the rightness of monogamy that I expected I should. Instead I can see circumstances where having two mates could come in handy. So, Ive had to ask myself do I still believe in monogamy, in reality, did I ever really believe in it in the first place. Ive always fantasized of having two men in my life, one older and one younger, both being good at different things, having unequal abilities and skills but equally important to the relationship. In my dream world, one is the alpha and one the subordinate male, and it would take some finesse on my part to manage the two of them. So, I have to admit that although I played the part very well, I never really believed that there was anything inherently so much better about monogamy. Yet, Im still very proud of my record of loyalty. And here is why. I don’t have any strong feelings one way or the other in respect to the correctness of monogamy. But I do have strong feelings of doing what is right for my mate. So, if my man needs me to be monogamous, than I am proud to provide for him by being so. Now, this may seem opposite to the ideals of female domination. But I don’t think so. I believe that in D/s relationships the dominant partner has a lot of responsibilities towards the submissive partner, the most important of which is to know their needs and provide for the most important needs of mates and family. I do say needs, not every single want. There is a big difference between the two. So, my feelings are that yes, I can easily be a monogamous person, and will do so if necessary for my mate and family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment